The 5th Botanic Gardens Day will be held on Sunday 31 May, 2020
Botanic Gardens Day Panel Discussion
Join us LIVE!
To capture where botanic gardens are positioned in 2020, this year for Botanic Gardens Day we will be streaming live with our ambassador and panel host Costa Georgiadis, Landscape architect, Educator & TV host.
Joining us to discuss many and varied topics, from our dwindling biodiversity and Australian bushfire recovery to COVID-19 are our panelists:
- Prof Lesley Hughes, Climate Scientist & Distinguished Professor, Macquarie University;
- Prof Tim Entwisle, Director & Chief Executive, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria;
- Dr Lucy Sutherland, Director, Botanic Gardens of South Australia and
- Julia Watson, Education & Partnerships , Auckland Botanic Gardens
- Donna Jackson, Coordinator Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens, Far North Queensland
The areas of discussion mainly center around five topics: Covid19, Botanic Gardens and Conservation, Horticulture, Education & Community.
Save the Date!
Sunday 31 May — 11:45am AEST
Live steaming on:
We have over 100 gardens and arboretum taking part this year and to find out what your local garden is planning check their website from the list below. As the day approaches more update on Gardens’ web and facebook pages will appear.
Thanks to our partners Seasol and Augusta for their fantastic support.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
You can register your gardens details here and find all our resources for 2020.