BGANZ and the American Public Gardens Association (APGA) have a reciprocal agreement for one BGANZ member to have access to a free registration to the APGA Annual Congress, and vice versa. BGANZ Member Sharon Willoughby attended the 2016 Miami Conference, and Sharon presented a short talk at the International Section of the Conference. Julia Watson attended and presented at the 2017 Toronto Conference.
In 2023 the annual APGA conference will be held at Fort Worth, Dallas, Texas, USA. Details of the Conference can be found here.
The successful applicant will receive a free registration to the annual APGA Conference (approx USD750). No cash will be payable to the successful applicant.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
All staff of botanic gardens are eligible to apply. However, for the 2023 APGA Congress Registration to be inclusive of public gardens across Australia and New Zealand, candidates must be members, through their Institution, of BGANZ.
Applications for the BGANZ/APGA Registration Award should be made by completing the attached form. The application should include in particular:
• a description (max 200 words) of how the registration would assist the member and employing garden
• BGANZ membership status (including number)
• a letter of endorsement of the application from the institution if appropriate.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
• Value to member
• Value to the garden that would result from attendance at the Congress
• Demonstrated benefit to BGANZ (include presenting at the APGA Conference on behalf of BGANZ and your garden.)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be received no later than 28 February 2023 and should be emailed to:
Chief Executive Officer
To apply, complete Application Form APGA Congress Registration 2023_FINAL.